St. Paul’s Child Care Center
Founded in 1989, St. Paul’s Day Care Center is the church’s longest continuing outreach mission. While they are separate and distinct 501(C)3 not for profit organizations, the day care center and St. Paul’s Church share common values around the care and growth of young children. In accordance with the center’s incorporation statement, the majority of the center’s Board of Directors is comprised of St. Paul’s members.
St. Paul’s Day Care Center provides care for children from 8 weeks to 5 years and is proud to offer a full day Universal Pre-Kindergarten curriculum that builds skills needed to prepare students to succeed in Kindergarten.
The Center is a Pathways accredited, non-denominational child care center that values the uniqueness of each child, honors the preferences and customs that families bring with them and seeks ways to share family traditions.
The Center adheres to the principles of Pathways accreditation based on an extensive review of national standards including Head Start, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the New York State office of Children and Family Services, the National Association for the Education of Young Children and other national and state level accreditation and quality systems including (but not limited to):
• Program and practice appropriate to each child’s development;
• Qualified, well trained, trustworthy, caring professional staff;
• Children involved in learning across multiple areas of development;
• Curriculum based on state-of-the art knowledge about childcare;
• Respect and support for families as they nurture children;
• Interactions among staff and children characterized by respect, affection, active listening and openness, nurturance and support; and
• Encouragement of children to share experiences, feelings and ideas.
The Center offers tuition assistance to needy families through the Peggy Thompson Scholarship Fund.
To learn more, visit the website at: http:/www.stpaulschildcare.org.
or contact Michelle Mousseau, Executive Director at 244-4527.