At present there are five ways one can participate in the Music Ministry at St. Paul’s:
- The St. Paul’s Choir is our adult choir, though membership is also open to high school students willing and able to commit to the schedule. Rehearsals are on Wednesdays from 7.30pm to 9pm and the choir sings every Sunday at the 10am service as well as for occasional additional services and events throughout the choir season (September through early-to-mid June).
- The St. Paul’s Choristers is open to youth second grade through high school. Rehearsals are on Sunday mornings from 11.45am to 12.45pm. Generally this choir sings at the 10am service one Sunday each month during the choir season, and, like the St. Paul’s Choir, for occasional additional services as well.
- The St. Paul’s Ringers is our bell choir, which is open to all ages. Rehearsals are on Thursdays from 7.30pm to 8.30pm, and the group rings generally on the first Sunday of each month during the season, at one Christmas Eve service, and at the Easter Vigil.
- Summer Choir runs from mid-June through August and is open to any and everyone who wants to participate. There are no mid-week practices; we gather on Sunday mornings at 9.15am to prepare a simple choral piece and rehearse the hymns and psalm for the 10.00 service. Each Sunday is a “self-contained unit” so it is really a “come when you can” choir!
- Instrumentalists offer their gifts throughout the year. St. Paul’s is blessed with numerous musicians who enjoy participating in our Music Ministry in this way. Might you be another one of these?
If any of these groups is of interest to you, please call or email me at the church at 271-2240, or email me: email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
~Robert Poovey, Director of Music